WIC is open and here for you during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Whether you are a current participant or new...if you are pregnant, recently had a baby, or have children less than 5 years old, WIC can provide healthy foods, nutrition education and breastfeeding support. If you find you or your family experiencing a financial hardship due to COVID-19 WIC is here to help!
WIC's priority is everyone's safety and health at this time. To protect families and staff all WIC visits are currently being completed by phone as we practice social distancing. Phone completion is only allowed due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Call WIC today 252-946-9705 or Apply online.
What is WIC?
WIC, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children, is a nutrition program funded by the United States Department of Agriculture.
WIC is available for:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding and postpartum women
- Children up to 5 years old
- Live in North Carolina
- Household income less than 185% of poverty guidelines. If a person receives Medicaid, Work First Family Assistance or SNAP they meet the income guidelines.
- Be at nutritional risk as determined by a nutritionist
- Healthy and nutritious foods
- Breastfeeding Promotion, Education and Support by trained nutritionists and we have a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor.
- Nutrition Education and information
- Referrals to Health Care
All kinds of families qualify for WIC. You might be working, a student, married or single. To schedule an appointment, please call 252-946-9705.
WIC is open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 8 am to 5 pm and Tuesdays from 8 am to 6 pm.