Beaufort County Environmental Health is a part of the Beaufort County Health Department. BCEH seeks to better the quality of life for Beaufort County residents through opportunities for improved health and welfare, and quality customer service.
Here are some of the things our Environmental Health team does:
- Ensure food safety and sanitation in permitted establishments.
- Ensure drinking water is safe by making sure private drinking water wells are constructed properly.
- Works to eliminate sources of lead poisoning in the county.
- Enforce state laws and rules addressing sanitation and safety in childcare establishments within Beaufort County.
- Surveillance and control of mosquito populations within Beaufort County.
- Responsible for activities associated with subsurface wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal
We are grateful for everything our Environmental Health team does to protect our health and safety!
Learn more at https://bchd.net/247/Environmental-Health